Weight Loss Ticker

Sunday, January 27, 2008

London Day Two

Well after waking up at noon, way later then I wanted. I ventured out into the streets of London. Walking up to Leicester Square, and then over to Piccadilly Circus. The big neon signs remind me of New York and Times Square. Wondering a little more I found Hyde Park and across the street Hard Rock CafĂ©. The original Hard Rock is right across the street from the park not more then a 3 minute walk to Buckingham Palace. I had a burger and did a little souvenir shopping, then got on the underground at Hyde Park Corner station heading to Waterloo. Waterloo is the station closest to the London Eye. I was glad to see not much of a line to get on; I had read the lines can be tremendous. I got my ticket then got on the Eye. Getting on and off was the most interesting part, they don’t stop the giant Farris wheel; they just have you walk on as the capsule slowly moves. It was quite a ride, except for the kids running around, and if it wasn’t for the sun setting behind Parliament I would have got some great pictures. After the ride I walked over Westminster Bridge and back to my hotel, grabbing dinner at Pret’s again. I tuned in early because I have to get moving tomorrow to get my train up to Wyboston Lakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment